Critical Illness Insurance
It is expected one in three people are diagnosed with some form of cancer during their lifetime (Source: info.cancerresearchuk.org). The good news is serious illnesses may not prove fatal due to medical advances over the years. However, they can still have a major impact on your life especially if you have credit commitments.
One of our partners; Legal and General has paid over 647 million in critical illness claims since 2006. 147 million in critical illness claims in 2010. According to Legal and General; the top five reasons for claiming were: cancer, terminal illness, heart attack, multiple sclerosis and stroke.
Critical Illness cover pays a lump sum on diagnosis with a qualifying critical illness. A lump sum payment towards the mortgage eases financial worries during the traumatic times.
The lump sum received can help towards:
- Cost of the care and treatment
- Any recovery aids
- Financial debt i.e. mortgage
- Cost of dependants
Typical critical insurance covers
- Alzheimer's Disease - resulting in permanent symptoms
- Aorta Graft Surgery - requiring surgical replacement
- Aplastic Anaemia - with permanent bone marrow failure
- Bacterial Meningitis - resulting in permanent symptoms
- Benign Brain Tumour - resulting in permanent symptoms
- Blindness - permanent and irreversible
- Cancer - excluding less advanced cases
- Cardiomyopathy - of specified severity
- Coma - resulting in permanent symptoms
- Coronary Artery By-Pass Grafts - with surgery to divide the breastbone
- Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease (CJD) - resulting in permanent symptoms
- Deafness - permanent and irreversible
- Dementia - resulting in permanent symptoms
- Encephalitis - resulting in permanent symptoms
- Heart Attack - of specified severity
- Heart Valve Replacement or Repair - with surgery to divide the breastbone
- HIV infection - caught from a blood transfusion, physical assault or accident at work
- Kidney failure -requiring dialysis
- Liver failure - of advanced stage
- Loss of hands or feet - permanent physical severance
- Loss of Speech - permanent and irreversible
- Major Organ Transplant
- Motor Neurone Disease - resulting in permanent symptoms
- Multiple Sclerosis - with persisting symptoms
- Paralysis of limbs - total and irreversible
- Parkinson's Disease - resulting in permanent symptoms
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension - of specified severity
- Progressive Supranuclear Palsy - resulting in permanent symptoms
- Respiratory failure - of advanced stage
- Stroke - resulting in permanent symptoms
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus - with severe complications
- Terminal Illness
- Third Degree Burns - covering 20% of the body's surface area
- Total and Permanent Disability
- Traumatic head injury - resulting in permanent symptoms
We Know Mortgages Ltd have access to the whole market for insurance. We Know Mortgages Ltd are agents with Aviva, Aegon, Friends Life, Legal and General, Zurich. We can source the most suitable products at competitive prices which could you save you time and money. Speak to one of our insurance advisers.
If you would like a quote on critical illness cover, please click here and submit your details.
Critical illness plans may not cover all the definitions of a critical illness. The definitions vary between product providers and will be described in the key features and policy document if you go ahead with a plan.